The Jewish Community Relations Council educates about and advocates on behalf of issues of vital importance to the Jewish community. For more information, contact 916-486-0906 or email@example.com.
- Educates and advocates on behalf of Israel and builds support for the Jewish State.
- Fights anti-Semitism and informs the non-Jewish community about Jewish issues.
- Supports Jewish students and faculty in their battle against anti-Semitism and anti-Israel propaganda on campuses.
- Battles discrimination in all forms and builds relationships with the greater Sacramento community.
- Represents the Sacramento Jewish community at civic and interfaith events.
SAVE THE DATE!
April 23, 2017. Communitywide Yom Hashoah Commemoration. Featured speaker Fred Rosenbaum is an award-winning author, historian, and adult educator who specializes in the history of the Bay Area Jewish community. Rosenbaum grew up in Queens, New York, in a family that was marked by the Holocaust. His mother fled Poland and escaped to the United States. His father had earlier emigrated from Poland and became a sergeant in the United States Army, and fought in Europe during World War II. Rosenbaum is the Founding Director of Lehrhaus Judaica, the largest school for adult Jewish education in the American West. He is also an adjunct Faculty Member of San Francisco State University, University of San Francisco, College of Alameda, and the Graduate Theological Union. He has lectured widely in the United States and abroad. 6:30pm. Congregation B'nai Israel, 3600 Riverside Blvd., Sacramento. This program is sponsored by the JCRC with the support of the Sacramento Board of Rabbis and CVHEN. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bruce Pomer, Chair
Hellan Roth Dowden, Vice Chair
Sharon Rogoff, Secretary
Ron Meyer, Treasurer
At Large Board Members
Ryan Pessah, Immediate Past Chair, Capital Knesset
Dan Weitzman, Immediate Past Vice Chair
Arnie Golub, Congregation Beth Shalom
Meg McClaskey, Mosaic Law Congregation
Joan Gorfain. National Council of Jewish Women
Ned Cohen, Temple Or Rishon